пятница, февраля 24, 2006

An Excerpt from David Crowder's Book

Right after camps this summer I read Praise Habit: Finding God in Sunsets and Sushi by David Crowder and this week He has really been pressing on me about loving being something I do moment by moment and I was reminded of something Crowder shared in the beginning of his book and I wanted to share it with you…

 

“Praise is fundamentally a responding to the initiations and intimations of God.  The way of living praise sets out to find God’s revelation, to carry out God’s intentions for His creation into our everyday comings and goings.  And this way of life should be so compelling and mysterious and other-than that people see us coming from a long way off and it stops them in their tracks and they wait and watch just to see our exchanges and wonder at this life that has been chosen and how to put it on and what is this deeper, truer way of living anyway?

           

A nun does not get up each morning and go to the closet and think to herself, Hmmmm. I wonder what to wear today.  The habit is what she wears.  It is what covers her.  It is what identifies her.  Our condition is the same.  Our habit is the Christ.  He is what covers us.  He is what identifies us.  We wear Him into every moment, and when we live with this awareness, we PRAISE CHRIST.”

 

Good stuff.

 

1 комментарий:

Calyn комментирует...

I'll fill you in on dancing with the stars when I call you. It's just too comlicated to type in an email.