вторник, октября 25, 2005

Shoes

Ok, so now that we live in, well, not Florida or Texas, Amberly and I are coming to the realization that we do not know cold.  Right now it is nice out, but Roma (who does know cold…has lived in it his whole life) assures us that it will become freakly cold very soon.  Therefore, Amberly and I have come to the realization that we do not have clothes for freakly cold weather.  On our list of necessities shoes and jackets came first.  Dennis agreed to meet us after church on Sunday and have lunch and then go shoe shopping.  So, we left New Life and headed for Boom Shanky (our favorite place of dining) not long after we got there up walked Dennis and Sergey Zimyatin  we ate and then followed Dennis to the metro, up the blue line to the very last stop got off and headed into an indoor mall type place with different clothing items on each floor: for example, jackets 1st floor; shirits and pants 2nd floor; shoes 3rd floor; 4th floor—nothing—I mean I guess there was something there at one time, but it was being remodeled or something b/c we went up there and there was nothing. Anyway, so as we got off on the 3rd floor and entered the very intimidating world of shoes we looked around at all the European styled shoes and prayed that we would find something being that we had made the trip, we were going to need them, and the boys were sweet enough to help us out.  So Amberly went first and found like one pair of shoes to try on in every other store (picking were slim folks) and ended up with a basically normal pair of black boots.  I got some brown look sorta like Doc Martins shoes.  Both of which (Amberly’s boots and my shoes) are lined with fir and according to the boys will keep our feet warm.  I certainly hope so.  We both about gagged when we realized how much American money we had spent on them. Cough cough.  But, Dennis and Zimyatin are defiantly our heroes.  Our toes I’m sure will thank them all winter long.  American boys wouldn’t take us shoe shopping and if they would they certainly wouldn’t be as patient or offer the advise or be as sweet as our Ukrainian guys have been.  So, thank you boys!!! We love you.

5 комментариев:

Jenshka комментирует...

Awww, aren't the Ukrainian boys sweet? How can you help but to love them? Hope you're staying warm over there. I keep telling Calyn that she's not going to make it when she's there next winter. Her blood will freeze, I swear! I'm sure it will be worth it though.

Calyn комментирует...

Well, I will be a happy ice sculpture anyhow. Maybe not warm, but happy.

Lori комментирует...

Pauls, you are excluded from most guy generalizations anyway b/c you are way cooler, better, sweeter than most guys...you are the exception to the rule :o) AND about the no filp flop deal, yes, it is killing me and Roma thinks it is funny--and Calyn will survive b/c her heart will be happy and you can survive just about anything when your heart is happy. And I miss my tag board so if anyone is a computer genious and would like to help me put it back up....PLEASE HELP ME!

Анонимный комментирует...

I love cold!

Анонимный комментирует...

Yeah... of course I picked the WINTER holidays to visit! :-P When I've livd my whole life in the equivelant of Ukrainian summer! :-D
My friend has promised to take me shopping for the same, shoes and coat, before I visit...

yay! "freakly!" not "freakishly," not "freaking,"
freakly. ;)