четверг, октября 13, 2005

A Quiet Place of Rest

It even looks cold outside.  I’m sitting at my desk staring out the window of the Radooga Office and I can see all the leaves that have drifted from the trees as winter is moving it.  It’s dark because it has been rainy and dreary for the past couple of days.  I love it.  Makes me want to curl up under the covers with a good book or take my Lori-blanket, pillow and Calyn’s fuzzy dog to the living room with Amberly and watch the Sandlot or some other good rainy-day movie.  For Melissa, a girl who lived in my dorm at school, Goonies was her rainy day movie.  On a day like today she would bust out of her room and proclaim to the whole dorm “It’s a Goonies day!”  The office is quiet save for the sound of my fingers typing and Roma’s printer printing something for Training.  It’s very peaceful and I like it.  Some days I enjoy the frantic action and the playful spirit that inhabit these rooms, but today I am satisfied to just be and let the peace wash over me.  I still can’t believe I am in Ukraine.  I can’t quite grasp the fact that this is reality.  Thank You, God, for bringing me to this place of rest and for the knowledge that You have carried me here.  Help me to never take even a moment of it for granted.  I miss you guys, a lot.  I really do.  But, I also know that there is purpose in my being here and you being wherever it is that you are and I hope that God will continue to use us where we are and give us wisdom in where to go from here. 

 

In the cherished words of Dylan Dinosaur whom I miss tremendously,

 

Peace Out!

Комментариев нет: