суббота, августа 06, 2005

Tea for Dinner!?!

Yes, you read that heading correctly...they served tea for dinner
tonight...the world doesn't get any crazier than this people. I've
been here for 50something days and everyone of them goes like
this...tea for breakfast, eyeball juice for lunch, hot
chocolate/coffee stuff for diner. that's just the way it is. and
then today...RANDOM! almost didn't even go to dinner and I get there
and we have TEA!!! HAPPY, HAPPPY Day :o)

ok, so now to catch you up on my past several days...

...Had Team B's day off 4 days ago. (let me remind you that Team B
consists of me, Josh, Jake, lil' Bray-Bray, and Deb) well, we took
Team 6 to the airport in the morning at 4:45, and Deb had to go home
with Team 6 b/c she works at an Elem. school and had to be back. So
now, its me and the boys. Oh, and when I was passing out tickets and
passports at the airport I called out Nick's name and he was like--"I
don't go home until friday." and I was like "oh, ok." and so I guess
Nick left today. Maybe I should ask around about that...and send him
an e-mail to say I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye. wow. sad.
Anyway, so Nick, Jake, Josh, Braylon and I hopped in Lena's car with
Oleg and headed to his house...or so we thought. Oleg told us when we
got in the car that he was taking the boys (plus skeef) to the Sauna.
Josh was like...uh, what about Lori...and then it turned out that he
didn't want to go to the sauna either so the boys went and Josh and I
went to the city. I LOVE Kyiv at night. It is amazing. so much
prettier than during the day and so much going on all the time.
Who'da thunk it, that I would like being in a big city!?! Anyway,
Josh and I went to Strivinki Booli(sp? vin?) for dinner. YUMMY! and
then we went to Independence Square and hung out and watched some
break dancers which was fun. Then we went to an Internet place and I
got on-line and almost didn't sign onto IM cause I knew all you guys
were at camp, but I decided to do it anyway and my mommy was on!!!!
So, I got to talk to my mom for like 45min. and that was SUPER
AWESOME!!!! God was so good to us to put us both on at the same time.
What are the chances!!!???!!! That was super cool. (I love you,
mammy :o) Then, we headed back to Oleg's (oh, and we learned how to
say "next stop please" so that we could tell the bus driver!!! aren't
we cool!?!) When we got to Oleg's they were already home and so we
watched the Matrix and hung out and went to bed. Then, we had yummy
coffee and this cake stuff Jake had bought in the morning and it was
yummy, too.

Then, Oleg came and picked us up and it was Day 1 of camp
7...wow, that's a lot of camps. So I...(Calyn, can you
guess)...graded and sorted and divided english tests. yea. :o)
classes are pretty small this week 12-14 kids in each.

Yesterday was the first full day of camp and it was a lot of fun. New
Life is a camp that came camp 2 and is back, so Little Jake came to
visit (he couldn't afford to be a camper again, but, he said it's ok,
b/c its more fun to visit since he's already been to camp once b/c now
he just gets to hang out with us :o) One of the girls from New Life
(this is also the church I visited that Sunday I went to church) is in
an art school and she has to draw 50 pictures a week and so yesterday
she asked if she could draw me--it was AMAZING!!! She is so talented.
I can't imagine being 16 and being that good at anything. so cool.

Today has been a good day, too. I had a lot of fun at Rec and hanging
out with Carli. She and Jake and I just watched Zoolander and that
was fun :o) Ilia (Oleg Jr.'s 13 year old son) and I have this war
going on b/c he gets the keys to our buildings during evening program
and Party Zone and I make him let me in and don't give him a present
every time. Tonight he locked me in the building. The other day he
ran off with my backpack. I love it; it is so much fun, and I am
pretty sure he is coming to Crimea with us which is super cool!

Speaking of Crimea...I have a meeting to discuss that in...8 min, so I
s'pose I had better finish up my e-mails for now...

Peace Out!

I love you all.

Lori

1 комментарий:

Calyn комментирует...

Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea! Lori gets to go to Crimea!