понедельник, июля 04, 2005

Today we got up early (Jake and Josh and Roma and I) and headed out to
church. Going to church from camp is not like at home where it is a 5
min. drive down the road...its an adventure...Oleg drives you to the
highway, you flag down a bus that takes you to the metro, you wait for
Nikita (a translator from last week to meet you, you buy your
token and get on one metro, you switch trains, you get off and walk a
long way to the church. But, it is so much fun. We left at 8:30 to
get to an 11:00 service, but it was awesome. First we went to youth
sunday school and there were a bunch of kids there from last camp so
that was really cool. Then we went to the service which was really
similar to an American chuch servie--except in Russian ;O) we had
communion and that was awesome...I hadn't been to Wed. night chuch in
a while, so its been a while since I've had communion, and it was a
good thing for me. Jake wants me to tell you that they had real wine
during communion and it was really strong red wine (stronger than what
you guys have at St. Fransis, mom). After chuch we went with some of
the kids and got Sharma, this wrap thing with some sort of meat in it.
The kids told us it was cat, dog, hedgehog, bird, and people meat.
So, who knows what we were eating, but it was really good.

When we got home I read a lot and then took a nap. But, tonight we
watched Oceans 11...great movie, huh David :o) Jakes computer died
right as the ending credits were coming up--so cool. I love that
movie. It makes me happy. I think it may be a Moulin Rouge night,
too and that would be happy. :o)

Well, I'm gonna go find Vin. I love you all.

Peace Out.

Комментариев нет: