суббота, апреля 25, 2009

Life Skills Curriculum Training: Day 1

Only in Ukraine could I be 30 minutes late for a meeting and receive a prize for being one of the first to arrive.

It was AWESOME to be in a room full of Ukrainians who share my heart for both youth and orphans. It was AWESOME to hear their stories about “their kids.” It was AWESOME to be reminded that we are in this together and that together we are making a difference.

I am working on my homework (which is all in Russian) and am excited about tomorrow when we will actually begin looking at the curriculum.

At the beginning of the class this morning Isaiah 55 was read. This chapter was read to me by a friend my very first week in Ukraine and was reread the week I was called to move to Poltava; hearing it again this morning reminded me that God is always doing something. His word will not return void! :o)

1 комментарий:

Michelle комментирует...

Cool, I'm looking forward to hearing about this training first hand from someone who has attended it!