вторник, августа 01, 2006

Hey everyone,

            I am so sorry that e-mails have been few and far between this summer.  I know that Calyn has been keeping a lot of you up to date.  She is amazing.  And having her here is such a blessing (as I’m sure you can imagine).  Thank you for sharing her with me.  I do want to ask you to pray for us tonight though.  This is our last camp of the summer.  And I know that God has big plans for us today.  To be honest, I can feel Him today even more than I have been able to during any other camp this summer and I cannot wait to see what He will do.  I ask that you specifically pray for some kids from a church called ‘Good Harbor.’  Several of them are kids from the English Club Amberly and I have been working with all year and many of the ones who aren’t are friends that they have brought with them.  Please pray that they would understand the message that Oleg gives tonight and that they would desire a relationship with Jesus.  Also, we have a translator here this week, Victor, who is not a Christian and all week I have seen God working in him.  The first night he was here he was very reserved and quiet.  He just sat back and took everything in.  After worship, he was a little intimidated and you could tell.  But, throughout the week he has gotten more into everything that is going on.  He is our most enthusiastic English Class interpreter and I’ve even seen him singing some during the Russian worship time.  Please pray for him.  We don’t normally hire interpreters who are not Christians and I know that God has Victor at camp this week for a reason.  Our evening program begins at 7:00 our time—that’s noon Tallahassee time.  So, if you get this e-mail before 12 on Saturday I am asking that you pray for us around then.  Thank you all so much for your investment into my life and for helping me to be here.  I am blessed beyond words to be able to live here and watch God work.  There honestly is no other place I would rather be.  I can’t wait to share with you about what God does tonight.

 

Lori

 

Комментариев нет: