вторник, июля 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day!

Hey guys, camp is amazing!  We're already almost done with camp 2 and it's going by so fast!  Dennis comes by to visit a lot and Katya has been here the whole summer so far too!  There are some kittens here and Cliff and there have been a few problems with the water but it's all good. God's still working here and so is Daniel, and even though God complains a lot less and isn't a jerk I'm kinda glad they're both here.  Oh, and yesterday I saw a butterfly and today we had a 4th of July picnic in the woods.  We cooked chicken and played with balloons and Johnny's here so he sang that "1814 took a little trip" song and it was pretty cool.  Did you know that Radooga is French for "Rainbow"?  Well now you do!  Anyways I gotta go so peace out, y'all!  -Lori

(actually, that was Daniel pretending to be me, but I'll post it anyway b/c I think Daniel is pretty amazing most of the time :o)

I (the real Lori) want to say that today we had a picnic in the woods and one of the Americans who is here this camp named Johnny started singing "the Battle of New Orleans" song and it made me so happy.  That is my daddy's favorite song, and I don't know anyone else who knows the whole thing.  It was great to get to sing it with him and made me wish I could be singing it with my dad.  But, it was a great 4th!

And for those of you who are praying about our water situation here at camp, the test results are in and we are well within the norm.  The Health Department still has not been by, but have said they may come by on Friday which would be great because that is the day that the campers go home.  Keep praying for us about that.  Technically we are not supposed to have kids here right now. 

Also, tomorrow night Oleg (the camp director and our speaker this week) will be giving an invitation, so pray for us tomorrow--that God will speak through him and change the lives of these kids.

Oh, and Team 3 arrives tomorrow, so pray for safe travel for them and that all their luggage will arrive.  :o) 

Thank you guys so much!  I will try and keep you updated as much as possible! 

E-mail me and let me know what's up with you.  lori@radooga.net

Peace out!

 

 

1 комментарий:

Анонимный комментирует...

Maybe Johnny could teach your dad all the words to "Battle of New Orleans", but then it wouldn't be as fun to listen to as when he gets it all messed up!!
Love you, Sweetie!