вторник, июля 11, 2006

God is doing cool things EVERYWHERE. (He's good like that)

This is an e-mail that a girl named Beth who Calyn and I know from Russian club at FSU sent.  She has been in Peru for the past year and will soon be in Ukraine.  But, it's just SO encouraging to hear from people who are seeing God move in different parts of the world...and it really reminds me of how connected we really are.

Hello!!

I hope I didn’t keep you waiting too long for the results of the “Dreams of Ivory” theatrical production. I only had one week total afterwards in Peru, and the time that wasn’t taken up by the conference or huge youth catch was spent with friends that I probably won’t see for a long while.

Final count on those saved from the first four theater showings: 630.    I really don’t know what to even say after that; our most important goal was to portray face-to-face encounters with God and lead them to a closer relationship with Him—and I’m happy to say that it’s a mission accomplished! Thank you SOO  much for all your prayers; even more opposition and problems came up the last couple days before opening night (and even during the week), and God made it very clear that it really couldn’t have gotten off the ground without Him. I did all I could and had to completely trust Him while seeing things like the curtain that was supposed to open in half an hour wasn’t even finished being put up yet and having to change the actor who played Prince Emmanuel [Jesus] ONE day before…

The things that each actor was dealing with in regard to the message portrayed by their character became testimonies and victories (each one is amazing!), and many of their family and friends met Jesus that week. During the part symbolic of the Cross, I heard from people each night that many in the audience were crying. I heard so many stories of how people’s lives were impacted, even how Christians were able to understand God as a good dad more or of how we should really accept everything the King gives us and live as children of the King! The play will also continue to run long after me leaving, and I look forward to sharing with you the additional number of souls won to the Kingdom.

God really brought the whole team together as we “fought” side by side that week, and now they are some of my closest friends. We had a celebration afterward and they threw a going-away party for me, and I was so blessed hearing all the ways God used my life to impact theirs and the gift that they all pitched in to buy—a red fur (Peruvian alpaca) cape to wear as a pastor and director in cold places like Ukraine. It was really such a special time, and I’m working with them to transition to the next leaders of this new ministry in the church. I’m just so proud of them and God; I think only the pictures can give you a better idea of the emotion and the closeness I feel with them.

To end, let me just say that I’m back in America now (for a much-needed vacation with my family), and I already have the next challenge: helping to lead the team of 11 Americans in the huge event for the pastors and their kids in Ukraine next month. For now you can just pray that all the details and scheduling get worked out, and that this would fall on open ears and hearts. This is probably most important and strategic thing we’ve done yet!!

Thank you so much again for everything, and I’ll try to figure out how to make an edited, English-subtitled copy of the play available to any who ask. And hopefully I’ll see most of you while I’m here!

Many blessings,

Beth

 

~Please take a moment to browse through the pictures! www.zorpia.com/Ivory10

~If you would like the opportunity to give financially, either one time or regularly, put "for Beth" in the memo line and make check out to:

Koinonia Ministries

PO Box 121660

Clermont, FL 34712

 

Комментариев нет: