вторник, ноября 22, 2005

a changing nation

So, this week they are having all sorts of cool stuff going on downtown for the 1 year anniversary of the Orange Revolution.  Very cool.  Today Amberly Dennis and I went to Krishatik to pay our rent and they were giving out flags and newspapers and stuff.  It was cool to see all the people gathered for just that event, I can’t imagine what it must have been like when the streets we all covered with tents and people actually lived there for weeks (some even months).  And to think that it was so cold.  I don’t think I would have survived.  Dennis was telling us that they had stands set up with hot tea and coffee and stuff for the people who were down there, but there wasn’t any alcohol at all.  Which is a big deal in this city.  I can’t believe it has been a year since all that was going on.  The Orange Revolution was a good thing, but we still have a long way to go.  I am honored to be here and be a part of the change that is taking place little by little everyday in this country.   Please remember to pray for Ukraine.

 

Peace Out.

2 комментария:

TX комментирует...

cool

Анонимный комментирует...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Truly yours
Darek Wish