пятница, октября 21, 2005

English Club Rocks...I hope it ROCs

Ok, so, first night of English Club at Serozha’s church was last night.  We were a little (ok, a lot) freaked out because Dennis called on Tuesday night to tell us that English Club would begin Wednesday at 6 and that was the first we’d heard about English Club since September.  And so, poor Amberly spent all day Wednesday planning class (luckily she doesn’t have school on Wednesdays).  But, there were like 7 kids there (I say kids, they are youth b/w 13-15).  And we just got to know each other a little.  I thought it was a lot of fun; I hope they did too.  I am excited about next week.  We are going to talk about holidays and have a bit of a Halloween Party (being that they don’t celebrate Halloween in Ukraine). Pray for us, and that this wouldn’t just be about learning English but that we would be able to be friends with these kids and have time to share with them and that they would see and hear about Christ through us.  3 of them live in our apartment complex so, pray that God would provide opportunities outside of class for us to love on them.

 

 Last night Dennis, Amberly and I watched videos from camp that Amberly had taken with her video camera.  So good.  Made me miss the summer, but also made me really excited about this next summer.  It’s gonna be good. 

 

Ok, well…

 

Peace Out!

Комментариев нет: