среда, октября 19, 2005

Baby it's cold outside

I really can’t stay

            But, baby its cold outside

I’ve got to go away

            But, really, it’s cold outside

This evening has been

            I’d hoped you’d drop in

so very nice

I’ll hold your hands they’re just like ice

My mother will start to worry

Oh, come on, what’s your hurry

And Father will be pacing the floor

Just listen to that fireplace roar

So, really, I’d better scurry

Beautiful, please don’t hurry

well, maybe just a half a drink more

Put some records on while I pour

The neighbors might think

Baby, it’s bad out there

Say, what’s in this drink

No cabs to be had out there.

I wish I knew how

Your eyes are like star light now.

to break the spell

I’ll take your hat, you’ll something something

I ought to say “no, no, no sir”

Mind if I move in closer

At least I’m gonna say that I tried

What’s the since in hurting my pride.

I really can’t stay.

Baby, don’t hold out

 

Aw, but it’s cold outside

 

I simply must go,

            But baby, it’s cold outside

The answer is no

            Baby, it’s cold outside

This welcome has been

            How lucky that you’d drop in

So nice and warm

            Look out the window at the storm

My sister will be suspicious

            Gosh, your lips look delicious

My brother will be there at the door

            Waves upon tropical shores

My made up mind is vicious

            Oh, your lips look delicious

Well, maybe just a cigarette more

            Never such a pleasure before

I’ve got to get home

            Baby, you’ll freeze out there

Say, lend me your coat

            It’s up to your knees out there

You’ve really been grand

            I’ll something when you touch my hair

Why don’t you see

            How can you do this thing to me

There’s bound to be talk tomorrow

            Think of my lifelong sorrow

At least there will be plenty implied

            If you caught pneumonia and died

I really can’t stay

            Something something something

 

Aw, but it’s cold outside.

 

 

 

2 комментария:

Calyn комментирует...

Someone's been listening to their "Elf" soundtrack. Merry Christmas, Lori!

Lori комментирует...

yes, that and it really is cold outside :o)