четверг, августа 04, 2005

God blessed my socks off!!!

I've been wanting to write this blog for a couple of days, but still
don't really have the words or know how to tell you just how awesome
God has been to show His glory a little more speciffically this week,
but let me try and express a little bit of what He's done...

...During camp 2 we only had 6 Americans on the team, so the summer
staff both taught English class and did our stuff (drama, rec,
worship, etc.) Skeef and I taught an advanced English class together
and most of our kids spoke English REALLY well. So, basically we had
"discussion class;" it was a lot of fun. One day Skeef and I decided
to share our testimonies and then asked if any of our kids wanted to
share theirs. Everyone in our class said something. Even those who
were not Christians shared about their lives and told their stories.
The very last girl to go was a girl named Ira and she said that she
had felt God here and that she wanted to know Him but that she was
scared about her dad's reaction to her becomming a Christian. it
broke my heart to watch her struggle with this decision. I talked
with Ira some and I shared my burden for her with Amberly (another
girl on summer staff who I know has a big heart for girls with bad
family situations) and Amberly and I spent the next several days
praying for and talking with Ira about who God is and who He wants to
be in her life. You knew God wanted her just by the tension that
surrounded the whole situation. You could feel it. She left, and
neither Amberly nor I were sure about what, if any, decision had been
made, but we decided to keep praying for her. Then, this week (camp
7) a girl named Natasha, who was a translator last summer came back to
translate for us. Apparently she goes to the church that Ira had come
from and Ira had sent pictures and notes through Natasha for Amberly
and I. In the note she said that she accepted Jesus after she got
home from camp and that even though her father is very angry about
this decision she is at peace and she is very glad to know Christ.
WOW!!! God didn't have to send Natasha to share this news with us,
but what a blessing it is to know that Ira will be in Heaven with me
one day!!! Please, pray for Ira, though, b/c she is being persicuted
in her home for this decision.

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!

Peace out!
Lori

Комментариев нет: