четверг, июля 14, 2005

I am so sorry it has been such a long time since an update on my
blog...part of that is due to the fact that there has been an issue
with our e-mail and part of it is that I have not known what to write
b/c there is so much going on and a lot of uncertaninty. But, today I
am excited and sad. Excited b/c team 5 arrives today--and that means
Toddie, T, Diane, Jenna and Nicole. Happy day. Sad b/c that means
this is Calyn's last camp. But, we're not talking about that yet.

Camp 4 is going well. Kevin, the youth pastor from Brookhills is
speaking this week, and the kids love him, so that's great. Team 4
was saying that English classes were really hard the first day and
that the kids weren't really participating much, but last night they
said that the second day was much better and that English Class is one
of the best parts of their day. That made me happy. One thing I have
noticed about this team is that they are already really salvation
oriented. We have an invitation on the 5th night of camp and usually
the teams wait until the 4th English Class to start talking a lot
about God, but several of the American's on this team have told me
that they have been able to share their testimonies either with kids
in their class or in their rooms. I'm really excited about what God
has planned for this week.

Ok, bigger news...I'm going to be working for Radooga this fall. I
will be staying in Ukraine. I am going to have to come up with
support (and Vin says she is going to help me with that when she gets
home) Oleg said last night that the absolute maximum cost for me to
stay (excluding the plane ticket) will be $700 a month. I will be
here until December, so pray that God will provide. I know that this
is where I am supposed to be. I can look back on so many things in my
life and see how they all lead right here. It is a really awesome
feeling, but I also know that it is not going to be easy. At this
point I am the only American who is for sure staying. (There are two
others who may stay also, but are not definate) I know that during
the year will not be "camp" and I know that not having Calyn will be
super hard--for both of us--but, I also know that God has called me
here and that this will make me more dependant on Him--and that's a
really good thing. Please pray for me while I am here and know that I
love you and will miss you very much. I will do my best to keep you
up to date via this blog and I will respond personally to any e-mails
you send me. (and I would love for you to send them :o) Wow, I don't
know what else to say...continue to pray for this summer we have 3
more camps to go and one going on right now. God is not finished and
I am ready to watch Him continue in His faithfulness to us :o)

Peace Out

Lori
mailto:lori@radooga.net

Комментариев нет: