среда, марта 09, 2005

Small World

It really is a small world. This weekend at the SLC David Nasser was talking about having adopted a little boy from Guatemala, and the Hall's and some other families were talking about the kids they had adopted from Ukraine. (both places I have been on mission trips) Then, the other night at the Kyiv Youth orchestra and Choir thing we saw a girl who had visited Radooga last summer and recognized Calyn. There was also a man there who Deb Broker, our friend from Birmingham, had talked about the whole time she was at camp, and she ended up staying with him and his family instead of going to a host home. Then, my mom introduced me to this lady whose son was one of my mom's best friends in college whom she hadn't seen since her wedding. Crazy. Its really cool how even though we live on a planet with so many other people that God allows us opportunities to realize just how connected we all are. Since spending this past summer in Ukraine I have realized more and more how much more there is than Tallahassee or Florida or even the United States. Its really cool to have made friends from all over the US and in other countries that I have kept in touch with all year and many of whom I think I will keep in contact with. I'm glad our world is so big and diverse and yet small enough to connect with other people and cultures...God is just good like that :o)

Комментариев нет: