среда, марта 09, 2005

Another Funny Story

Calyn and I went to see the Kyiv youth orchestra and choir when they were here on Monday night (which, by the way, was AMAZING!!!! They were so good. I was thinking Indian children's choir type thing--NO! It was one of the best choral/orchestral performances I've been to, and ask Kenley, I've been to quite a few :o) Anyway, Veronica had told me that one of her friends was in the choir and that her name was Pepsi. She said that her real name was Ira, but everyone called her Pepsi (in Ukraine names like Ira are really common and it is likely that there were 2 or 3, if not more Ira's in the choir/orchestra) So, Calyn was asking Ukrainian's (in english) if they knew Pepsi. Some did, but weren't sure where she was so we kept looking, when we walked by the kitchen Calyn asked this guy if he knew a girl named Pepsi and in his strong Ukrainian accent he said "no, no Pepsi, I drink coffee." It was pretty funny, at least to me and Vin :o)

Комментариев нет: