суббота, апреля 23, 2011

Fairest Lord Jesus

Last weekend some friends and I went out to the woods to pick flowers. When they first invited me I wanted to go to hang out with my friends, but to pick flowers...ok...

Growing up in Florida I guess I missed what spring meant in the forest...

When this song says
"Fair are the meadows"
I sort of got it. I mean, I'd seen green fields in Ireland. They are breath taking.

I just didn't realize that the next line was just as true
"Fairer still the woodlands robed in the blooming garb of spring."
To walk into a forest with trees coming up out of a quilt woven with green grass and purple flowers--it's the most beautiful sight. And to breath the air in the stillness of the woods. To listen to the trickling of the stream as it flows...incredible, really. Something you can't fathom until you are standing in the middle of it thinking "God, was Eden anything like this?"

And then you start to imagine Eden--far better, far more beautiful than this (which just seconds ago you couldn't have imagined either). And then you move past Eden and start to think about God Himself.

How beautiful must our Lord truly be.
Being with Him caused Moses' face to shine.
Healer.
Redeemer.
Savior.
Calmer of the storm.
Mighty.
King.
Creator.
Deliverer.
Agape.
Beautiful.

1 комментарий:

David C Brown комментирует...

One thing have I asked of Jehovah, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of Jehovah all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of Jehovah, and to inquire of him in his temple, Psalm 27: 4.