среда, июня 30, 2010

The month leading up to camp one was just as eventful and productive and awesome as camp one itself. I'm so glad God uses everything and is in everything and holds all things together.

I love camp. Sometimes I feel like I live for camp. But it's not true. I love camp so much because it causes me to focus. I know that it's all about kids (and staff and interpreters and Americans and parents and me and everyone) knowing Christ. For two months all of everything I'm planning and doing is focused on that. It's exausting and I often ware myself down and this camp I even got pretty sick. But it's worth it and I know that and I love that and my joy is overfilwing.

Before camps opened this summer there was a huge question as to of if they would...if they could. Camp is expensive. There are some regulations that even with enough money just can't be met. Fire laws are confusing. As days started deminishing before opening day we began to pray more expectantly "god, what would you have us to do."

We had a team here getting the camp grounds ready and ministering in our village and surrounding ones as well. And we started discussing new options for summer ministry. What if we did back yard Bible clubs in place of camp. Could we make that work? Would enough of our Ukrainian staff be willing to stay with us if that's what we decided to do? Would American teams be ready to work in harder and potentially riskier environments outside our camp walls?

And then the documents to open camp were signed.

The Ukrainians seemed releaved. America too seemed glad that things worked out. I was glad to have a direction to be planning toward :0)

And camp one was phenominal. It was great. Registration day closed and we were completly full. We even added an extra dorm. I'm living with the summer staff girls, who are great. I got to teach the oldest girls bible study and go to music and games with them. I got to interpret for several Americans who shared the gospel with campers. God is for sure moving at camp friendship this summer. And we've got two more camps to go :0)

But what I'm learning has been more during the time before camp and this time now--between camps, God is in everything. He's moving all the time. He's constantly changing lives. Making me--making us-- more like Him. I don't know what I will be doing tomorrow. Or where I will be. Or who I will be with. Such a simple concept, but I want to make the most of today.

With so many changes going on around me all the time it's good to have my Constant. Christ is my constant. Always with me and always ready to help me do the very thing He Himself came to earth to do. To love.

To love not just during camp. Not just the kids He brings into my life. And not just those I have been preparing to love. But everyone. Every person who passes through my world. Every person whose world I encounter even for the briefest of moments. Lord, teach me to love.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Комментариев нет: