четверг, сентября 10, 2009

What four years will do...

I am sitting at my desk eating borshch.

Remember when I though beets had to be disgusting?

I made it myself.

Remember when I didn’t cook?

I’m drinking carbonated water, wishing it was the strong carbonation and not just the slightly carbonated.

Remember when I thought fizzy water was gross?

Kvas now makes appearances in my diet, not frequently, but there have been moments of craving.

Remember when I didn’t even know what Kvas was?

I walk whenever possible and when not possible I take public transportation.

Remember when I never wanted to grow up, just be old enough to drive?

It’s more likely that you’ll find sour cream in my fridge than ketchup.

Remember when I was the ketchup queen and specifically ordered things without sour
cream?

I dreamed in Russian last night.

Remember when I was studying French in high school?

After 4 years, I finally made my way to a public pool.

Remember when I swam everyday?

Washing machines, dishwashers and microwaves are somewhere in my past (or at friends’ apartments :o)

I know some words in Russian that I have to think hard about to find in English—“икра,”
“тазик,” “зарядка.”

My blessing and my curse is that I am not who I was and not yet who I will be; I am caught somewhere in the middle of a paradox-al life.

I am American. And yet I am not.
I am not Ukrainian. And yet I am.

Home is where I am. And it is where I was. And it is where I am going.

I yearn for the past. I yearn for the future. I live in the moment.

I trust Christ more now than I ever have before. I have more questions now than I ever have before.

I love taking life one day at a time. I hate not knowing what’s next.

Wonder what the next four years hold…

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”
Jeremiah 29:11-14

2 комментария:

Michelle комментирует...

I love this post!!!!!!!!!! Photo is great too! ;)

Italian Collection комментирует...

:) Life without a microwave rocks....never liked them anyway. I miss sour cream and mayo on everything and I love that everywhere outside the US loves non ketchup product too. And lightly fizzy water is kind of disappointing. Give me millions of bubbles eager to fizz over the top or give me death!