воскресенье, августа 17, 2008

June 23, 2008

Today, I decided to go for a walk. I threw on an old t-shirt; pulled on the capris that had been lying on top of the dirty clothes pile and slipped my feet into the flip flops nearest the door as I slid my keys into the lock to unlatch the door. I relocked it behind me and waited for the elevator to climb nine floors and let me in. As usual, when the elevator reached the ground floor, I almost subconsciously extended my hand using my super hero powers to open the doors. Leaving the building I thrust my hand into my pocket grabbed my hair tie and pulled my hair back out of my eyes and breathed deeply soaking in the sun and fresh air.

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous since I have been home and I love to watch the people that it brings out—moms pushing baby strollers, kids playing soccer on the basketball courts, couples on swing sets, older men with their chess boards sitting on benches. Everywhere are signs of life and I love it.

Its 10:00 and people are just now beginning to turn on lights inside their apartments as the moon creeps higher in the sky which is this amazing, deep, midnight blue color. The sun will be back long before I awaken. I think I am going to make a cup of tea, put in “You’ve Got Mail,” curl up next to my open window and call it a day.

1 комментарий:

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" комментирует...

Thank you for writing :) we miss you so much~ Your flip flop expedition sounded all to wonderful and made me want to wander with you :)

I too think it is ALMOST time here for You've Got Mail... I love New York in the Fall...

Love you Sister...
Jenn