воскресенье, августа 17, 2008

July 28th 2008

This summer already looks nothing like I expected it to. Over and over I keep coming back to the verse in Isaiah 55 that says his ways and thoughts are higher than ours. I am so thankful for all the things I never would have dreamed of scheduling in to my summer. That is not to say that this summer has been easy—in fact, I would venture to say it has been the hardest yet. But, it has been blessed and I have experienced the joy of SEEING that blessing.

Many of you know that my bags were packed for Poltava before I even left for America in May. I knew God had said go and I wanted to be ready. I got back to Kiev and got to eat lunch with Radooga staff before they began their camp season. I spent some time with friends in Kiev. I met up with Kevin and John’s teams both before and after their camps, respectively in Lugansk and Harkov. I spent A LOT of time on my knees about Poltava, street kids, orphans, direction and opportunity.

I went out to Bucha (small town right outside of Kiev where Radooga camps were held last summer) to do an English Class training session for Radooga. A good friend was driving me back to the city when a phone call came saying they were understaffed for the next two camps. I was asked to come serve as somewhat of a nanny for some of the staff members and to help set the cafeteria before each meal. I asked for a couple hours to think about it. A couple hours later I agreed to go, got home, packed my bags and went to bed wondering if I had made the right decision and praying God would help me to be a blessing and to serve with a humble spirit and a good attitude, remembering that all I do I do for him. He was more than faithful and I had so much fun setting the cafeteria, hanging out with American teams, playing with campers, worshiping with friends.

Through working camps the past couple weeks, a new Poltava opportunity has presented itself. (Isn’t God just incredible with the details! I wish I could tell you everything he’s done over the past couple weeks). The pastor that I hope to work with there was the camp pastor for camp 3. While he was at camp Randy Hall had gone to the orphan camp in Poltava to visit his kids. He got back and told us that the kids don’t have any program there or anything going on. Igor, the pastor, went home, visited the camp and decided that he wanted to do something. He called us and several of my friends and I are meeting with Igor on Tuesday to talk about what we can do there and hopefully Wednesday night we will head to Poltava. We will take all my stuff to my apartment in Poltava and then head to camp this weekend.

Please pray that we will be a blessing to the kids and to the camp workers and director. Pray for us to share Christ both in actions and words. Pray for me as this will be my first non-English language camp :o) Pray for God to give Igor and I direction for the future, for my meeting the orphanage director and the kids.

Комментариев нет: