четверг, апреля 03, 2008

Вопрос с Pебром: Radooga Conference 2008

Probably the most encouraging thing to me about Radooga’s conference this year was to witness Ukrainians in ministry. (Slightly ironic due to the presence of an Iranian-American speaker, who did an AWESOME job meeting Ukrainian youth where they are and encouraging them to raise the bar for their generation).


One friend who had taken a group of youth from Ukraine to India this past year shared about his trip.


Another lady working at a woman’s pregnancy center shared about her ministry.


Miss Ukraine 2007 shared and is traveling the country speaking to teenage girls about her relationship with Christ.


Several young adults who used to attend our camps as campers are now bringing youth or working with us on our drama team or doing registration.


Conference was advertised as a conference about relationships—and it was. But, it was also a spring board to talk about holy living. And holiness is one of those things, I just can’t quite get a grip on. One of those things I probably never really will. All I really understand is that God is—holy, perfect, flawless, without fault, never said the wrong thing or even thought a wrong thought, always loving, his judgments are always correct and because I am not, I can’t wrap my head around that fact. Bring in the fact that He sent His holy Son, an extension of Himself, to be killed in my place so that unholy, imperfect, flawfull, many faults, say the wrong thing all the time, think the wrong thing even more frequently, not always loving, often incorrect in my judgments me might have relationship with Him. I accept it. And I praise Him for it. I just don’t get it. But I am so grateful for those who are taking about it, and I pray that those who hear it will accept it despite the insanity of it because relationship with Him is everything. And I want to live this year with that being more and more evident in my life. I want to strive for deeper holiness. I want to share the story more of the One who “so loved the world” because I can’t imagine where I would be today without Him. Certainly not in Kiev watching Ukrainians change their world. And there is no place on earth I would rather be today (though there are several of you across the ocean I would love to have here with me today :o)

4 комментария:

Ministry Happens in Ukraine комментирует...

pretty awesome stuff...sure hope I get to catch up with you next week.

Michelle комментирует...

I am perusing Ukrainian blogs and feeling homesick. I AM SITTING IN A COFFEE SHOP WITH HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND STARING AT THE PACIFIC OCEAN WITH A BALMY BREEZE BLOWING OVER ME. HAVE I LOST MY MIND OR IS GOD JUST AN AMAZING PRESENCE REFOCUSING ME ON WHAT IS HAPPENING IN UKRAINE OR WHAT?????

Miss you!

Emmychka комментирует...

Soooooooo, I tagged you here and if you are confused check it out and see what i mean. <3

Lea Anne McCrory Wood комментирует...

Lori,
I found this blog page by accident but I recognized you immediately... I thank God for you every day... Thank you for your faithfulness...
I have a blog page too if you'd like to log onto it...
www.leaannemccrorywood.blogspot.com