вторник, апреля 15, 2008

Blessed.

I've said it before, and it's been on my mind a lot these past couple days...but sometimes we, as Christians, feel like we deserve something. Like because we are "good" or even just because we chose to accept Chirst as Savior He owes us more...and we sugar coat "more" with the title "blessing." We say things like "trust God and everything will work out." Don't misunderstand me. I try to trust God in everything. And I do believe that He IS in control. And that everything WILL work out for His ultimate glory. But also understand that He tells us that His ways are NOT our ways. They are much MUCH higher than ours. And often times they look nothing like we would expect. Remember that materialism is of this world and NOT of our Father. He wants what is best for you, but remember that what is best is HIM.

I thank God before I eat each meal, but I try to remember that I do not need it or even deserve it. There are many, many starving people in the world. And many of them are Christians. They are NOT unblessed.

I talk to Him as I curl up under covers and with my body pillow each night, but last night, I was reminded that I could be asked to let go of my cumfy bed and live elsewhere. And most of us would consider that sacrifice. We know little of this word. I'm tired of thinking that following Him is sacrifice. He did the sacrificing. Following Him is joy--whereever that leads.

I do not believe that the Christians in Uganada are any less blessed than I am. Often times I think those with less understand the heart of the Father better--and THAT is the greater blessing. I know it is.

I can't wrap my mind around the hurting in this world. I can't understand how or why God wouldn't step in and stop the abuse of children that I see; yet alone the horrors that I don't see and can't imagine. But I know what I feel...and I know His knowlege and His hurting is far greater and deeper than mine.

I know that He is working and moving and changing lives.

He is providing families for those who don't have them.

Sending people to build shelter for those without.

Digging wells in places that need water.

Producing fruit crops in abundance for those who need food.

God, may I never forget that YOU are all I need. Help me to get to a point where YOU are all I want.



Send some rain, would You send some rain?
'Cause the earth is dry and needs to drink again
And the sun is high and we are sinking in the shade
Would You send a cloud, thunder long and loud?
Let the sky grow black and send some mercy down
Surely You can see that we are thirsty and afraid
But maybe not, not today
Maybe You'll provide in other ways
And if that's the case ...

We'll give thanks to You with gratitude
For lessons learned in how to thirst for You
How to bless the very sun that warms our face
If You never send us rain

Daily bread, give us daily bread
Bless our bodies, keep our children fed
Fill our cups, then fill them up again tonight
Wrap us up and warm us through
Tucked away beneath our sturdy roofs
Let us slumber safe from danger's view this time
Or maybe not, not today
Maybe You'll provide in other ways
And if that's the case ...

We'll give thanks to You with gratitude
A lesson learned to hunger after You
That a starry sky offers a better view
If no roof is overhead
And if we never taste that bread

Oh, the differences that often are between
Everything we want and what we really need

So grant us peace, Jesus, grant us peace
Move our hearts to hear a single beat
Between alibis and enemies tonight
Or maybe not, not today
Peace might be another world away
And if that's the case ...

We'll give thanks to You with gratitude
For lessons learned in how to trust in You
That we are blessd beyond what we could ever dream
In abundance or in need
And if You never grant us peace ...

But, Jesus, would You please ...

Nichole Nordeman, Gratitude

Комментариев нет: