четверг, апреля 24, 2008

April's Update

*edited for blogger.


God is doing a new thing. And He is totally overwhelming me with His perfection in everything.

Jenn Smith and her four children arrived home last Saturday. And if you’re interested in following their post-Ukraine story they are blogging at This Is Family. I am so thrilled for them to finally be home and all together. God taught me so much about Himself while they were on this side of the ocean and I am so thankful for Mark and Jenn and their commitment to follow Him and help others to do the same. THANK YOU GUYS! I can’t wait to visit them while I am stateside in May.

I am preparing to head stateside for a month in about two weeks and finishing up Russian classes and English curriculum here before I leave.

As many of you know, I have been asking God for direction since last August as to of what is next in my life. Never doubting my call to Ukraine, but constantly questioning what God was doing and when He would reveal Himself to me, I waited. (Nick, your posts about waiting; I was like, man, I totally understand him and am so proud of him because I know how hard…and at the same time how wonderful…that can be. Nick—you rock! Check out Nick’s blog.)

And Wednesday a week ago God lifted the fog and sitting in Jenn’s kitchen at Orphanage 12 and clearer than anything I’ve heard in a long time I knew I was supposed to move to Poltava—a city about 215 miles east of Kiev. Some of you may remember Calyn and I talking about “the best road trip ever.” It was to Poltava. And on that trip moving there was mentioned. I have mentioned it since, very serious about it, but serious about it way in the future, not ever thinking “now” or even “soon” was the time. And so, looking back, I feel like I should have seen it coming all along. But, God’s timing is perfect and He caught me totally off guard. And when He did, I knew. I wish I could recount to you the conversation Jenn and I had in her kitchen that evening but I don’t remember much of it. I remember her voicing what I had already heard God say which was “you go [to Poltava].” And I cried for the first time in a long time—tears of “oh my gosh, God, I wasn’t looking for You or expecting You, but here You are in a tiny kitchen in Ukraine answering questions I had given up on asking and totally changing my life. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.” Jenn asked me what I was most scared of. And my honest answer in that moment was “the fact that I am not scared at all.” Granted, that moment has passed and now I am terrified outside my mind and keep telling God He is crazy. But in that moment all I had was assurance.

Walking home that night, I was overwhelmed and told God that I couldn’t do it. I didn’t even know what it was. And the answer was its true, I can’t. But He can. And He will.

The past week has been an incredible number of perfect timing moments. Some of which I hope to share soon. For now, I need to get ready for Russian Class.

Your prayers, encouragement, support, e-mails, letters (thanks Grandma!!!), and comments are so precious to me. Thank you.


“If You say "go" we will go
If You say "wait" we will wait
If You say "Step out on the water"
and they say, "it can't be done"
We'll fix our eyes on You
and we will come
Your ways are higher than our ways
And the plans that You have made are good and true
If You call us to the fire
You will not withdraw Your hand
We'll gaze into the flames and look for You”

Комментариев нет: