четверг, сентября 20, 2007

For all you fans of Dr. Pepper

Drinking my Dr. Pepper from England yesterday (thank you, Gabi!) reminded me of the last time I had a Dr. Pepper and how at the time I wanted to blog my story, but alas, had no internet…now, having internet, I believe it is a good time to share my story.

Before school started and life got crazy, I had been going Rollerblading with Roma, Andrey, Sasha and Anya twice a week. Which, by the way, is amazing. I miss it a lot now that I’m not going :o( Anyway, we had been going on Thursdays and Saturdays. One Thursday night, I had forgotten the day and Roma called at 7 to see if I was coming. Having not even left my house yet, I was like “well, I forgot what day it is and now its late…” Roma encouraged me to come saying if I left now I would still have time to skate…they had just gotten there. I rushed around the house to run out the door, down the elevator, down the sidewalk and then realized I was wearing flipflops and I hadn’t grabbed any socks. Meh. I ran back up the sidewalk, up the elevator, into my apartment, dug through my drawer for a pair of socks and rushed to the metro…by this time it was getting late and I was thinking maybe I wouldn’t skate, maybe I would just hang out for a little while. As I walked by the shop where we stop to get drinks, I thought, I should take the boys and Anya Snickers. I walked in and as I did directly in front of me in the drink cooler were shinny cans of Dr. Pepper. “No way,” I thought. We have been going in and out of this store twice a week for weeks now and never has there been a Dr. Pepper in it. There are only two or three other places in the city I know of where you can find it at all. And there, only sometimes. But here it was, right in front of me. I smiled. Thanked God for little blessings, grabbed some snickers for the gang and walked out of the store happily sipping my Dr. Pepper. And a couple hours later, as we left the park, Roma went in the store and came out with another Dr. Pepper for me. Two Dr. Peppers in one day. That hasn’t happened since May when I was in the states. Good times.

1 комментарий:

Unknown комментирует...

It's the simple things, isn't it?