пятница, августа 24, 2007

Independence Day

Happy Independence Day, Ukraine.

Today I was watching a Boy Meets World episode where Cory ends up in 1957. There is an announcement made that Russia has launched a “spy” satellite and they are afraid that Cory is a Russian spy. It made me think about how people must have viewed this area of the world back then and maybe even how people who don’t know better still view the former soviet countries. I got to thinking about how so often when something ‘negative’ is going on, it is all over the news and we fail to pay attention to the positive things happening. Today let’s focus on the positive…and if you know any Ukrainians, wish them a happy 16th birthday :o)
“Look to the nations and watch; stand in awe and be amazed for I am doing something in your day that you would not believe even if you were told.” Habakkuk 1:5

1 комментарий:

Michelle комментирует...

I agree. We should praise God for Ukraine's 16th birthday! If someone had told me when I was sixteen that I would one day live as a missionary in the former Soviet Union and speak Russian...well....I wouldn't have believed them. It seemed impossible to think about the world without the Soviet Union in place!