среда, февраля 21, 2007

Falling Apart?

“He is before all things and in Him all things hold together." This is the verse on my mirror right now and last night I was looking at it and it said something new to me. Funny how that sometimes happens. Something I’ve seen every morning for 2 months now, and tonight I see it differently? Strana. Maybe that’s pare of what it means when it says “the Word of God is living and active.” Anyway, I’m no Bible scholar and I didn’t go to look up the original meaning of the text or anything like that tonight, so maybe what I saw is not at all what it really says, but it still makes sense and that is this: ‘IN him all things hold together.’ I used to read that and see that He is before all things and BECAUSE of Him all things hold together. Tonight, that’s not what it says at all it says that IN Him they hold together, which would also admit that APART from Him they don’t—hold together, that is. No wonder sometimes my life seems to be falling apart. Maybe it is. Maybe it needs to until I find myself IN Him again. Someone once said something about how cool it would be if after death someone came to ‘examine’ my life and they couldn’t find any evidence at all that I had lived because the only prints that had been left were those of God. What an incredible challenge…to be found IN Him at all times. “He must become greater I must become less” John 3:30

1 комментарий:

Todd G Sapp комментирует...

that's great insight...thanks for sharing.