пятница, июля 29, 2005

Alter Call Camp 5

Ok, so a friend of mine wrote this about alter call night during camp
5...

"Ok, so God is so great! Here is a camp update I suppose. Tonight was
the "altar call" night, and it was so good. But let me back up a
little bit first. Since I've been at camp, a few of us have taken to
laying out at night and staring at the stars. It's really good for
your soul to do this, by the way. We look far off into the sky and
talk about how awesome God is and how he's created such beautiful
things so far away that we can never reach them and how if a star is a
million light years away we'd never be able to reach it even if we had
a space ship that could go the speed of light and if we could live to
be 5000 years old. God is that big, that he would make so many nebulas
and galaxies that we can't even see with our naked eyes. I mean
thousands upon thousands of the most beautiful colors you've ever
imagined, with stars and swirls and exploding oranges and reds and
blues. He has made more than we can ever imagine. And tonight, the
preacher talked about how big God is. He showed a slideshow of
different galaxies and nebulas, and with each one he talked about how
beautiful it was and told us exactly how far away it was, 800 light
years away, etc. So we saw tons of beautiful pictures that show God's
majesty and glory in a number of ways, and then he came to the last
picture. He said, "Now, if you think those were beautiful, you will be
blown away by this one. It is by far the most beautiful picture I have
ever seen." He said a few more words about it and then he showed it.
It was an almost lifeless man, not too different than you or me, in a
simple t-shirt and jeans who held in his hands a hammer and a nail.
But he himself was held up by our Lord and coming King Jesus Christ.
Jesus held the very man (you and I) that nailed him to the cross.
Jesus was dressed in a dazzlingly white robe and the man in plain
clothes. Jesus held on to the man firmly and securely, but the man could
barely hold the hammer and nail, he wasn't even entirely conscious. So
the preacher said, "You've heard a lot of stories this week about
people giving their life to Christ. Tonight we want to give you that
same opportunity." And so he proceeded with the altar call. He said,
"As soon as Sergey starts playing this song, I want you to come up
front if you want to accept Jesus' free gift." But as soon as he said
that, even before Sergey started to play, people began to pour to the
front of the auditorium. It was so amazing. Over half of the kids went
to the front to accept Jesus. I stood there, amazed, thinking about
how the God who created the heavens, the millions and billions of
stars, the majestic nebulas and all their colors, that God was in
those kids working in them, now. He is so big, but he's not too big
for us. He can come in and change lives. And as I scanned the seats in
front of me I couldn't stop thinking to myself that every single empty
seat I saw is a changed life. A life revolutionized by love, not too
different from yours or mine. So after all of that we sang the song,
"God of Wonders." God has definitely made wonders beyond our galaxy,
and some I'm sure we'll never ever be able to see or find, but they're
there. And as big as he is, he's never too big to come into our lives
and change us and to show us his amazing, undenying, colorful,
majestic love."

God really is good and I am so blessed that He has shown us His glory
time and time again this summer. I know He has big plans for Ukraine
and for Radooga and for me. In knowing that, I also know that He has
big plans for you guys, so please seek Him and trust Him and know that
when you are willing He is ready!!!

Northwoods Youth--ROC at camp!!! I love you guys and am praying for
you. Send me updates when you get back.

Peace Out.

3 комментария:

OMH комментирует...

AMEN and PRAISE GOD - I love the description of the picture - would love to see it.

A Sister in Christ

Анонимный комментирует...

hi my name is chris i live in america..i read your post about the picture of jesus holding up the man with the nail and hammer in his hands. I have been looking for this picture evrywhere. i have only seen it as a tatoo. do you have a picture of it or a link to where i could see it? i would really appreciate it. God bless you. my email is livesbyblood@aol.com

Анонимный комментирует...

It was certainly interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.
Alex
Phone blocker