пятница, июня 10, 2005

Здравствуйте!

Happy...ummm...I'm not real sure what day it is...Friday, I think :o)
I found out a secret today (Veronica told me) She said that we will be
going into the city tomorrow. Happy Day. I miss Kyiv. :o)

I also love the sweet tea we have all the time here. I may be Dr.
Pepper deprived, but my caffeine intake has not changed. :o)

We walked to the store today and I got Ukrainian Icecream...boy, have
I missed that. It is so yummy (koosna) and so cheap...which could be
a bad thing for my health but is very happy for my wallet and my tummy
:o)

Story Time:

ok, so we were doing this personality test thing with our program
groups (rec, administration, creative). I am on the creative
team--who thought that was a good idea!?!--Anyway, we are the only
team that has both Ukrainians and Americans and no one who speaks both
languages...so we asked Veronica to come inturpret...She comes over
and tells the the instructions which are "Go around the circle and say
what you appreciate about each person--we will start with Artyom" and
then she goes back to the administration group--Calyn, Braylin, Deb
and Carly (note they are all Americans)--and leaves us to say nice
things about Artyom who will not understand them...So, our whloe
group is laughing and shouting for Veronica to come back. but it was
pretty funny...

oh, one more funny thing...Oleg asked all of us (Radooga Summer Staff)
to share inspirational stories...granted its like 10pm and none of us
have gotten enough sleep... so they turned into funny stories about last
year and stuff like that...anyway when it got to Olegs turn he was
asking if he should do it in English or Russian. Dennis, one of the
translators, asked if he would do it in English--I think he is kinda
tired of going from Russian to English. So, Oleg start going off in
English...blah blah blah blah blah blah blah--with no pauses at all
and we all yell "Oleg!!!" and he goes "what???" so we told him to
pause so Dennis could translate for the Ukrainian congrigation, but
Oleg of all people not pausing for translation...oy vey!

Well, thats it for now...time to go eat Skeef's birthday pineapple.
yum.

Peace Out!

Комментариев нет: