понедельник, марта 07, 2005

Conference, Veronica, and Sunday Night

Ok, where to start...it's been a busy weekend...

My grandma and I left Friday night to go to Pensacola to the Student Life Conference...and, as usual, it was super awesome! David Nasser, Shane and Shane, AT2AP...need I say more???

But, the best part of the weekend was I GOT TO SEE VERONICA!!!!!!!!!!! And we got to hang out and talk and it was really great. She brought me some stuff from the Orange Revolution and that was really cool because Calyn and I had been wanting to get some stuff, but it was all pretty expensive on e-bay. Calyn is leaving tomorrow to go visit her in Birmingham, and I confess I am a little jealous; but I'm happy for her and I know that they will have a really great time.

David Nasser talked about justification, adoption and sanctification. which sounds like a lot of big (or "medium sized"--Alec, that was for you) words. but, it was David Nasser, so he did a really good job of breaking it down and telling you what he ment. One of my favorite David Nasser quotes talks about how God gave us His righous right when we deserved His wrathful left. That is so true. I didn't deserve to recieve salvation--I don't even deserve to be alive, but God has blessed me with SOOOOO much more than I deserve, b/c He's God and that's what He does. I just hope that I will use all He has blessed me with to bless others.

On the way home from the conference we stopped and ate dinner in Chiply which is near where I go to school (and I am sad to say that the Taco Bell is not there anymore :o( but, we went to Wendy's and there was a really long line (b/c there are a lot of us :o) so, after standing in line for about 5 min. I got a brilliant idea...I turned to Kyle and said "HEY--you wanna take me through the drive thru??? So, we did (it was Kyle's first drive thru experiance) and we beat everybody, it was beautiful! Grandma and I ate with Kyle, Lindzey, Aaron and Paul and it was great (you guys rock and my grandma thinks you're really cool people, too).

When we got home Calyn met us at the church and she was super excited about my Orange Revolution stuff, too. I love that I can always count on Calyn to get excited with me :o)

Yesterday was Sunday and Sunday's are usually pretty awesome. I was sad that Diane was not at church, though, b/c I wanted to go to lunch with her. But, Alec and I went with the Stringer's to On the Boarder and had fun racing on the kids menu's. Then Alec, the artist, made a really cool picture on his and I quit, b/c I am NOT that creative. After lunch T and I went to Starbucks....I love coffee...and I love the T loves coffee, too :o) Then she and I had some good talks and I love it when my friends and I share from our hearts. You guys are great...thanks for listning and talking and hugging and praying...I don't know what I'd do w/o you. Youth was great. I love testimony night b/c I love to hear what God is doing in your lives. I also really like the At the Foot of the Cross song that SFTB has been doing. The words are really cool. Then we had Smallville night at the Stringer's which is always fun, but since this is so long already, if you want to know about Smallville night visit Calyn's blog (there is a link to it on my 'Blogs I Read' section.) and read the 'Your Mom' post.

Ok, sorry this was so long...but, that was my weekend. Hope you all have a great week!

Love and hugs,

Lori :o)

Комментариев нет: